Flow Screed for Underfloor Heating in Hampshire
The county of Hampshire is home to the port cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, the ancient English capital of Winchester and the vast tracts of heathland that make up the New Forest. What is currently uniting all corners of the county is the need for new and affordable housing. Construction work has been booming for the past five years, and over that time we’ve seen a steady growth in the use of flow screed for new build developments.
Flow Screed Hampshire Provides Benefits for Contractors
Contractors are now telling us that flow screed is their solution of choice when it comes to flooring finish and underfloor heating. They cite 5 main reasons for their choice:
- A Screed You Can Trust – liquid screed arrives on site ready mixed. It has been developed to rigorous construction industry standards, and guarantees an excellent finish every time.
- Can be Poured Onsite – flow screed can be poured at a rate of of 2,000 square metres in a day, by a small team of screed specialists.
- Self Levelling – the screed’s liquid consistency ensures that blemishes are obliterated in the pour, and self levelling occurs as part of the process.
- Rapid Dry – flow screed is dry enough for light foot traffic after just 24/28 hours. It can be force dried after just 7 days.
- High Quality and Durable – liquid screed does not crack, curl or warp. It contains calcium sulphate which crystallises during the drying process, creating a highly durable subfloor.
We have seen particular growth in demand for wet underfloor heating in Hampshire, over the last few years. Underfloor heating is fast becoming a favourite feature of new build houses because buyers are embracing the benefits it provides. Radiant, dust-free heating cuts heating costs, and offers a sustainable alternative to radiators.
Key to effective underfloor heating is your choice of screed. Flow screed is favoured by contractors because, being liquid, it is able to ‘hug’ the water pipes and avoid the creation of air voids that disrupt even heating cover. It’s also an advanced thermal conductor, meaning that the heat is transferred rapidly across the floor, facilitating warmer rooms and lower bills.
Looking for a Liquid Screed Company in Hampshire?
Liquid Screed Direct is proud to be supplying an innovative, advanced flooring solution to contractors, developers and refurbishers across Hampshire. We recruit small teams of screed specialists from across the county, in order to be able to guarantee a rapid response on projects large and small.
In order to achieve the very best results, we give clients direct access to our screed experts. If you’re looking for advice on prepping the environment pre-pour, or you need guidance on force drying screed flooring as part of an underfloor heating installation, they are available to help. Many of our clients have told us that this access to expertise has speeded up the process and improved the results.
If you have a project requiring flow screed for underfloor heating in Hampshire, call our screed specialists today on 0800 0599959 / 07926 235618 for more information and a free no obligation quote