Liquid Screed Direct Provides Nationwide ufh Installation
Underfloor heating is an exciting business to be a part of right now. The ufh market has been growing steadily over the past few years and it looks set to hit its target of 8% of the UK heating systems sector by 2020. So why is underfloor heating is performing so well at the moment?:
- Construction’s Booming. It’s looking pretty healthy for the commercial and domestic sector in the UK. In the new build market growing numbers of younger buyers are opting for ufh installation in their homes.
- Energy Saving Awareness. As our awareness grows of the need to conserve energy, underfloor heating compares favourably with central heating.
- The Need to Save Money. At a time of economic uncertainty consumers look for ways to cut back. Underfloor heating operates efficiently at lower water temperatures, which saves on bills.
- Design Appeal. Newer houses tend to be smaller and homeowners want the maximum number of design options. ufh removes the need for radiators, and optimises the open-plan potential.
- Radiant Heat Appeals. ufh heats objects rather than air, which cuts down on the dust which convection heating pulls into the environment. Ufh radiant heat is good news for allergy sufferers!
Wet Underfloor Heating Installation
The efficiency of the wet underfloor heating system is largely dependent on the quality of the screed which covers the water pipes once they’ve been laid. It’s the screed that carries the heat from the pipes to every corner of the room. Liquid screed is an innovative technology which has been developed precisely for this purpose.
Enhanced Thermal Conductivity From Liquid Screed
Liquid screed, also known as flow screed, arrives on site ready to install. Once the grid of water pipes has been laid, flow screed is poured over them. The liquid consistency is ideal because it hugs the pipes tight, ensuring that the flooring is free from air voids which could create ‘cold spots’. The screed has been designed to be an extremely efficient conductor of heat, so rooms warm up quickly using lower water temperatures.
Liquid Screed Speeds Up ufh installation
Until recently, laying floor screed was a manual process requiring a team of screeders for mixing and installing. Liquid screed can be pumped in a fraction of the time it takes to lay it manually, and it’s drying times are much faster. After just 24 hours the screed floor is dry enough for light foot traffic. Force drying can begin 7 days later.
Liquid Screed Direct Employs Expert ufh Installers
At Liquid Screed Direct we take pride in both the quality of the products we supply and the expertise of our installers. As one of the leading UK underfloor heating installers we operate nationwide. However, in order to guarantee regional consistency, we recruit our screed specialists locally. This means that our rapid response teams are immediately available for ufh installations when and where they’re required.
If you are interested in a ufh installation, call our screeding specialist today on 0800 0599959 / 07926 235618 for advice, guidance and a free no obligation quote.